Green Tea Goodness
At Mangajo all of our drinks our packed with heaps of green tea goodness. You might have heard that green tea is good for you but do you know why?
We’ve rounded up a few fun facts you might not know about our favourite versatile drink.
- It is loaded with polyphenols like flavonoids and catechins, which function as powerful antioxidants.
- Compounds in Green Tea can improve brain function and make you smarter.
- Green tea has been shown to increase fat burning and boost the metabolic rate.
- The bioactive compounds in green tea can have various protective effects on neurons and may reduce the risk of both Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s, the two most common neurodegenerative disorders.
- The catechins in green tea may inhibit the growth of bacteria and some viruses. This can lower the risk of infections and lead to improvements in dental health, a lower risk of caries and reduced bad breath.
- Some controlled trials show that green tea can cause mild reductions in blood sugar levels. It may also lower the risk of developing type II diabetes in the long term.
- Green tea has been shown to lower total and LDL cholesterol, as well as protect the LDL particles from oxidation. Observational studies show that green tea drinkers have a lower risk of cardiovascular disease.